Philippe Solal, The Moonshine Sessions
Label: ¡Ya Basta!
Better known as the prime mover behind tangodisco outfit Gotan Project, French producer Philippe Cohen Solal has apparently long nursed a secret affection for country music, a love now daring to speak its name with The Moonshine Sessions.
It’s a tasteful enough rehearsal of standard country music themes, with “Luna’s Song” expressing preference for rural over urban life and a sizeable acreage of heartbreak set to wistful harmonica, wan banjo and forlorn fiddle, most notably in “Always Alone.
The Hayseed Dixie-style countrified covers of “Dancing Queen” and “Pretty Vacant”, however, are rather less rewarding.
For a sample track from The Moonshine Sessions just click on the link below:
To order any CD previewed here, call the Independent Music Service on 01634 832 789.
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
X Factor winners: Where are they now?
Dancing on Ice 2014 line-up revealed
Ben Whishaw to play Freddie Mercury in Dexter Fletcher film
Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat: Peter Capaldi is worlds away from Malcolm Tucker
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >