New music from Lil Wayne due out in September
Wednesday 14 July 2010
An EP of all new music by Lil Wayne is due out in September, the rapper's co-manager Cortez Bryant told Vibe.com in an article dated July 9.
I'm Not a Human Being is being called a "prelude" to Lil Wayne's highly anticipated album
Tha Carter IV.
Tha Carter IV will be the follow-up to Lil Wayne's 2008 album Tha Carter III, which won a Grammy for Best Rap Album, debuted at number one on the US Billboard chart, and has sold 3.2 million copies worldwide. The release date of IV was originally set for 2009 but is now postponed until after November 2010, when the rapper completes an eight-month prison sentence. To tide fans over, the rapper has since released Rebirth, a rock album that sold well but received mixed reviews. Still, some are putting the Carter continuation alongside Kanye West's Good Ass Job as one of the most anticipated rap albums on the horizon.
Fans can expect a quiet release for the forthcoming EP, according to Bryant. "We not about to roll out no three month set up," said Bryant. "I'm not even putting it out in stores. We just gonna put it out virally and maybe package it up for Christmas. Give 'em a hard copy later for fan appreciation."
Bryant expects to release I'm Not a Human Being on September 27, which is Lil Wayne's birthday.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations