50 Cent album '80 per cent' complete
Wednesday 19 January 2011
50 Cent has completed "80 per cent" of his new album.
The 'OK, You're Right' hitmaker revealed he's almost finished on his latest record - the follow up to 2009s 'Before I Self Destruct' - just a week after claiming he'd shelved a whole album's worth of material for his aborted 'Black Magic' project.
The rapper - real name Curtis Jackson - wrote on his website: "Here I am I'm back did you miss me? I was working on the album today. I think I'm 80 percent done."
The record is said to be a more traditional rap album than the dance and rock music edges 'Black Magic' was rumoured to incorporate, however, elements he had intended for that album may be incorporated in his forthcoming record.
He said: "I moved 'Black Magic', because it's a total artist's album. It was something that I just wanted to do, so I went in and recreationally made a full-bodied piece of work.
"I gave myself a new concept, so now it's in the vault. But you can build another album out of that material that you put to the side."
50's next album presently has no confirmed tracks or title.
Arts & Ents blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
- 1 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 2 Three-quarters of Britons are saying it wrong - the top ten most common mispronunciations
- 3 Son attacks Apple after it refuses to unlock his late mother’s iPad
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 First Kiss video: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results