Adele's 007 single misses out on Number 1 spot
Adele's James Bond theme tune "Skyfall" failed in its mission to top the charts for a second week.
The Grammy winner, 24, was hot favourite to become the first singer to get to number one with a 007 theme.
But Scandinavian DJ supergroup Swedish House Mafia took the top spot with their track "Don't You Worry Child".
"Skyfall", which debuted at number four last weekend, made second place.
No Bond theme has ever reached number one on the Official Singles Chart, but Duran Duran's 1985 single "A View To A Kill" also reached number two.
Adele was prevented from reaching the top spot by Rihanna's "Diamonds" last Sunday, which has now slipped to number four.
Mother-to-be Adele teamed up with Paul Epworth, who co-wrote and produced her massive hit "Rolling In The Deep", to write "Skyfall" for the new film of the same name.
Stars who have missed out on the top spot with a Bond theme include Paul McCartney, Tom Jones and Madonna.
The film, again starring Daniel Craig as Bond, premieres on 26 October.
Ellie Goulding is expected to score her second number one album this Sunday with Halcyon.
Arts & Ents blogs
I’ve not heard many bands that had quite the same kick as Pendulum did. Their unbelievable fusion of...
The episode begins with Finn (Cory Monteith) at college, partying and accidentally participating in ...
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
- 1 British business: We need to stay in the European Union - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
- 2 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 3 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea will be a reunion that can only end in tears
- 4 David Cameron takes on the 'wreckers' in trial of strength over gay marriage Bill
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.