Adele's 21 tops Amazon's best-selling albums of all time list
Daft Punk are top of the list for 2013 with 'Random Access Memories'
Popular British singer-songwriter Adele has topped Amazon’s best-selling albums list with her 2011 release, 21.
Adele's album topped the chart after shifting huge digital and physical sales on the site since its 2011 release.
To date, 21 has been certified platinum 16 times in the UK and achieved diamond status in the US. A massive 28 million copies of the album have been sold worldwide.
In second place was Britain’s Got Talent winner Susan Boyle with her debut I Dreamed A Dream. The original Broadway cast’s recording of hit musical Wicked, composed by Stephen Schwartz, was named third.
Adele’s first album, 19, is also on the top ten best-sellers list at number eight. The singer is the only artist to feature in the list twice.
Lady Gaga leads the best-selling MP3 albums list with Born This Way, thanks to a promotion at the time that saw Amazon offer the album for just 99 cents during the its first week of sale.
Mumford & Sons’ Sigh No More was second on the MP3 download list with The Lumineers’ self-titled album in third.
In 2013, Random Access Memories from French electronic duo Daft Punk was the best-selling CD on Amazon, while Tegan & Sara’s Heartthrob was named the number one MP3 album of this year.
Robin Thicke’s controversial chart-topper “Blurred Lines” was the best-selling MP3 track of 2013, with Katy Perry’s “Roar” in second.
Amazon.com’s top ten best-selling albums of all time:
1. 21 - Adele
2. I Dreamed A Dream - Susan Boyle
3. Wicked (2003 Original Broadway Cast) - Stephen Schwartz
4. Raising Sand - Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
5. Sigh No More - Mumford & Sons
6. Fearless - Taylor Swift
7. Back to Black - Amy Winehouse
8. 19 - Adele
9. Taking the Long Way - Dixie Chicks
10. Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends - Coldplay
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 2 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’