Alabama Shaken: singer Brittany Howard robbed at gunpoint
Thursday 20 December 2012
Lead singer Brittany Howard of rock band Alabama Shakes has been robbed at gunpoint.
Howard and four others, including members of the Brooklyn-based band Clear Plastic Masks, were robbed on Sunday night in east Nashville, Tennessee, by two unidentified teenagers wearing hoodies.
Howard, 24, and the Shakes are up for three Grammy Awards in February, including best new artist, after releasing their debut album Boys & Girls earlier this year.
The thieves were both armed with handguns and stole mobile phones and a small amount of cash, but did not harm anyone before making off.
Some of the items were found a short time later at a nearby park.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel
The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace