Alabama Shaken: singer Brittany Howard robbed at gunpoint
Thursday 20 December 2012
Lead singer Brittany Howard of rock band Alabama Shakes has been robbed at gunpoint.
Howard and four others, including members of the Brooklyn-based band Clear Plastic Masks, were robbed on Sunday night in east Nashville, Tennessee, by two unidentified teenagers wearing hoodies.
Howard, 24, and the Shakes are up for three Grammy Awards in February, including best new artist, after releasing their debut album Boys & Girls earlier this year.
The thieves were both armed with handguns and stole mobile phones and a small amount of cash, but did not harm anyone before making off.
Some of the items were found a short time later at a nearby park.
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Sek, k'athjilari! (That’s “yes, definitely” to non-native speakers).TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientists who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Ebola outbreak: What is bushmeat – and is it to blame for the disease that has killed thousands?
- 3 Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' by Antiques Roadshow's Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
- 4 Russell Brand might seem like a sexy revolutionary worth getting behind, but he will only fail his fans
- 5 Michael McIntyre walks off stage after woman in the front row uses her phone
Breaking Bad season 6 is still not happening
Doctor Who review 'Flatline': Clara isn’t half bad as the Time Lord
Alfred Hitchcock's unseen Holocaust documentary to be screened
X Factor results: Two of Cheryl’s girls get the chop
Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' by Antiques Roadshow's Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Sorry Judy Finnigan – Ched Evans is no less sickening than an alleyway rapist
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Workers 'could be forced to pay £5 a week' to get benefits
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'