Album Madness as Sir Peter Blake drafted in to design LP cover
Wednesday 12 September 2012
Chart veterans Madness have drafted in Sgt Pepper artist Sir Peter Blake to design the cover of their new album.
The band, who memorably played on the roof of Buckingham Palace for the Diamond Jubilee Concert, have turned to the pop art guru whose subjects have included the Queen.
Sir Peter's best known sleeve is the artwork for The Beatles album Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, although he also did covers for Paul Weller and Oasis.
Madness have settled on the title Oui, Oui, Si, Si, Ja, Ja, Da, Da for their tenth album, and the sleeve image features rejected names which include Doolally and Dial M For Madness.
The album is to be released on 29 October, with the single My Girl 2 out a week earlier.
Madness - who also performed at the Olympics closing ceremony - play the iTunes Festival in London on 27 September and tour the UK in November.
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
Game of Thrones actress begs for 'other princess work' after Myrcella Baratheon part is recast
New Netflix releases: Films and TV shows coming August 2014
Star Wars Episode 7: Simon Pegg hints at role
Palestinian artists transform smoke-filled Gaza into symbol of resistance
Guardians of the Galaxy - review: A superficial and half-hearted Marvel film
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >