Be afraid, Kanye, be very afraid: Rapper collaborates with American Psycho author Bret Easton Ellis
When Kanye West decides to collaborate with someone it often garners mixed results.
For every Watch the Throne (his well-received album with Jay Z), there’s a clothing line with APC (plain white T-shirt for £70, anyone?). So what to make of his latest cohort? Novelist Bret Easton Ellis has opened up about the American Psycho spoof promo he wrote for West’s album Yeezus and also revealed that the pair are working on a script together.
Perhaps it’s unsurprising to hear that two such egotistical big-mouths have been drawn together but you do have to question West’s actions. Love him or hate him, the rapper is making some seriously groundbreaking music and is one of the most talked about entertainers on the planet.
Meanwhile, Ellis continues his long stroll towards cultural irrelevance, making one gaffe after another. Since chucking his toys out the pram for not getting the 50 Shades of Grey screenwriting job, he’s insulted Oscar-winning director Kathryn Bigelow, and now his new film, The Canyons, is being monumentally slated. Run away fast as you can, Kanye.
BBC Trust agrees to axe channel from TV in favour of digital moveTV
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
Greece debt crisis: Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande issue Athens with 24-hour ultimatum to avoid crashing out of the euro
Greece crisis: Referendum exposes a gaping hole at the heart of the European Union – its lack of genuine legitimacy