Calvin Harris makes UK chart history with nine top 10 singles
Calvin Harris has broken chart history to become the first artist to have nine top ten singles from one studio album.
The Scottish DJ broke the record at the weekend when his track ‘Thinking About You’ from the album 18 Months climbed to number nine on the UK Official Chart.
He tweeted on Sunday: “Made a bit of chart history today! Thinking About You went Top 10 in UK…the first time anyone has had 9 top 10 singles from one album! :D”
Harris broke his own record which he set in April when he achieved eight top ten singles, beating Michael Jackson’s previous record of seven top tens.
He tweeted at the time: “I’ll never dance, sing or be an ultimate musical legend & icon like MJ but he didn’t know anything about sidechaining so it all balances out.”
His run of chart success began in June 2011 when ‘Bounce ft Kelis’ peaked at number two.
18 Months has sold over 543,000 copies in the UK since its release in October 2012, spending two weeks at number one.
Jessie J was the first British female to score six top 10 hits from one album, including ‘Domino’ and ‘LaserLight’ from the platinum edition of her 2011 debut album Who You Are.
After giving gay film R-rating despite no sex or violencefilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile