eBay boost for Amy Winehouse charity
Thursday 19 July 2012
Online auction firm eBay is to boost a fund set up in memory of Amy Winehouse on the first anniversary of her death.
The Amy Winehouse Foundation, which was established by her family, is to be eBay's charity of the week from Sunday.
Users of the service will have a chance to donate to the organisation which helps and supports disadvantaged young people.
Back To Black singer Winehouse died from alcohol poisoning after a binge which followed a period of abstinence.
The foundation was set up last September on what would have been her 28th birthday.
Arts & Ents blogs
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
Fela Kuti, Jewish food and The Great Gatsby are just some of the reasons why the rainy weather ahead...
Sat in a hotel lobby amidst a music conference in Aarhus around 4am in is a great way to argue, and ...
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Gove’s lesson: spare the comma, spoil the child
- 3 Grace Dent on TV: Extreme Couponing, My Strange Addiction, and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, TLC
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.