eBay boost for Amy Winehouse charity
Thursday 19 July 2012
Online auction firm eBay is to boost a fund set up in memory of Amy Winehouse on the first anniversary of her death.
The Amy Winehouse Foundation, which was established by her family, is to be eBay's charity of the week from Sunday.
Users of the service will have a chance to donate to the organisation which helps and supports disadvantaged young people.
Back To Black singer Winehouse died from alcohol poisoning after a binge which followed a period of abstinence.
The foundation was set up last September on what would have been her 28th birthday.
Arts & Ents blogs
There is a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refle...
The opening titles squeal ‘Never Can Say Goodbye…’. Oh Lord how I wish I could heave this series off...
Even though there was a complete absence of our favourite odd couple Brienne and Jaime, we got anoth...
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.