Elton John finds second baby 'much easier' than first
Friday 22 February 2013
David Furnish has told how he and partner Sir Elton John have found parenthood much easier the second time around.
The couple, who were already parents to two-year-old Zachary, welcomed new son Elijah in January.
Speaking ahead of the Elton John Aids Foundation Oscar viewing party, Furnish said the support network around Zachary had made it much easier to adjust to baby number two.
"It feels a lot easier, a lot more comfortable - the routine is already in place with Zachary in a way, and all the stuff that was so scary the first time around isn't quite so scary the second time around," he said.
He explained the couple had a "wonderful nanny, fantastic paediatrician, all the great support".
"Now we have that wonderful infrastructure in place so we can just sit back more and enjoy the little person themselves without the worry - or as much worry," he laughed.
Listen to his collaboration with Naughty Boymusic
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers