Green Day confirm surprise 'Dookie' performance at Reading
Thursday 23 August 2012
Nineties punk band Green Day have confirmed they will play their breakthrough album Dookie in full at Reading Festival this weekend.
The 1994 LP includes some of the band's most famous tracks including "Basket Case" and "When I Come Around".
It won the 1995 Grammy Award for Best Alternative Music Album, and sold 16 million copies worldwide.
The three bandmembers, frontman Billie Joe Armstrong, bassist Mike Dirnt and drummer Tre Cool, broke news of the nostalgic gig on Radio 1.
Green Day will release the first of a tripartite album next month. ¡Uno! comes out in the UK 24 September, followed by ¡Dos! on 12 November and ¡Tré! on 14 January.
Arts & Ents blogs
The Independent Bath Literature Festival: 'Top Gear' makes Saudis look liberal, Kirsty Wark tells book festival
Too upsetting? Academy members voted for Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave 'without watching it'
Mad about the girl: The cult of Veronica Mars
Stewart Lee: Beware - this man may be only joking
Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 4 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
- 5 Dead woman's body found sitting in a car after six years after direct debits ran $54,000 bank account dry