Fleetwood Mac to headline Isle of Wight Festival in worldwide exclusive

The band had been hotly-tipped to headline Glastonbury next summer

Click to follow
The Independent Culture

Fleetwood Mac have been announced as the first headliner for next summer’s Isle of Wight Festival.

The legendary rock band will top the bill on Sunday 14 June with a worldwide exclusive festival performance.

Christine McVie has recently rejoined her bandmates Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, Lindsay Buckingham and John McVie for live gigs, following her guest spot at their highly-acclaimed London concerts last year.

 

“We’ve always wanted to come to the UK to play the Isle of Wight Festival and so we are delighted that in 2015, we are finally making it happen!” the group said in a statement.

“So many of our fellow artists and friends have played at this historic event over the years and we can’t wait to see all of our fans on the island next summer.”

Fleetwood Mac had been heavily-tipped to headline Glastonbury 2015, but founder Michael Eavis has previously said that they are “unavailable” to perform that weekend.

Since forming in London in 1967, Fleetwood Mac have sold more than 100 million albums worldwide with number one album Rumours one of the world’s bestselling of all time.

The Isle of Wight Festival will take place from 11 – 14 June at Seaclose Park in Newport. Tickets go on sale this Friday 5 December at 9am.

Comments