Jackson fans can buy 02 tickets as souvenirs
Disappointed fans who bought tickets to Michael Jackson's string of scheduled concerts in London were reassured today that they will receive full refunds.
Bosses at AEG Live, which was promoting the 50 This Is It gigs at the O2, said they were treating fans with the "same reverence" as Jackson did.
Fans will also have the option of being sent their tickets as souvenirs in part lieu of the full refund.
Announcing the refunds, Randy Phillips, president of AEG Live, said: "The world lost a kind soul who just happened to be the greatest entertainer the world has ever known.
"Since he loved his fans in life, it is incumbent upon us to treat them with the same reverence and respect after his death."
Refunds will include all ticket service charges, he said.
Ticketholders can gain more information at www.michaeljacksonlive.com .
The refunds will be processed by each of the authorised ticket agencies: Ticketmaster, Viagogo, See or Ticketline.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'
James Blunt finally admits the truth: 'You're Beautiful' is annoying
Downton Abbey review series 5, episode 5: Period drama falls disappointingly flat
Star Wars Episode 7 has almost finished filming
Fury, film review: Brad Pitt is intriguing as unsympathetic war hero
Batman v Superman: Side-kick Robin to be 'woman played by Jena Malone'
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world