Jake Bugg to headline hometown festival
Jake Bugg will headline a festival in his hometown Nottingham this summer.
The 18-year-old singer song writer has announced he will play at the city’s Splendour Festival, as well as already confirmed Leeds and Reading dates.
Bugg is also nominated alongside alt-J and Rita Ora for British Breakthrough Act at this year’s Brit Awards.
Splendour Festival promoter George Akins said: “Jake is literally the hottest new artist in the country by a mile at the moment so it’s a real coup to have him headline the biggest gig in his home city this summer.
“The whole of Nottingham will be turning out in their thousands to watch the most successful musician we’ve ever had play his homecoming gig at the Splendour festival.”
Arts & Ents blogs
YouTube star Rebecca Black is back with Saturday (it's a sequel to Friday, see?)
Norman Rockwell’s 'Saying Grace' tops record week of art auction sales in US
The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
X Factor 2013: Luke Friend wins place in final as Rough Copy sent home
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >