Jake Bugg to headline hometown festival
Jake Bugg will headline a festival in his hometown Nottingham this summer.
The 18-year-old singer song writer has announced he will play at the city’s Splendour Festival, as well as already confirmed Leeds and Reading dates.
Bugg is also nominated alongside alt-J and Rita Ora for British Breakthrough Act at this year’s Brit Awards.
Splendour Festival promoter George Akins said: “Jake is literally the hottest new artist in the country by a mile at the moment so it’s a real coup to have him headline the biggest gig in his home city this summer.
“The whole of Nottingham will be turning out in their thousands to watch the most successful musician we’ve ever had play his homecoming gig at the Splendour festival.”
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- < Previous
- Next >