Jake Bugg to headline hometown festival
Jake Bugg will headline a festival in his hometown Nottingham this summer.
The 18-year-old singer song writer has announced he will play at the city’s Splendour Festival, as well as already confirmed Leeds and Reading dates.
Bugg is also nominated alongside alt-J and Rita Ora for British Breakthrough Act at this year’s Brit Awards.
Splendour Festival promoter George Akins said: “Jake is literally the hottest new artist in the country by a mile at the moment so it’s a real coup to have him headline the biggest gig in his home city this summer.
“The whole of Nottingham will be turning out in their thousands to watch the most successful musician we’ve ever had play his homecoming gig at the Splendour festival.”
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
The Jump 2015 line-up: Joey Essex, Mike Tindall, Jodie Kidd and co take to the slopes
Game of Thrones: Grey Worm actor Jacob Anderson is all for more male nudity – as long as he can keep his clothes on
Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' goes viral 35 years later
Sia apologises for 'Elastic Heart' music video that sees Shia LaBeouf wrestle 12-year-old Maddie Ziegler
Churchill: The Nation's Farewell, TV review: Paxman reveals truth behind crane docker tribute, but delivers a fitting honour to Winston
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures