Lady Gaga knocks her critics into shape
Lady Gaga has hit back at critics – namely tabloids and gossip sites – who published pictures of her looking fuller-figured onstage (the veracity of which remain uncertain) with the suggestion that she has "piled on the pounds". While admitting she has put on weight, this week the singer took to her blog, Little Monsters, to post pictures of herself wearing a bra and thong, alongside captions that included "This is who I am. And I am proud at any size", and, "Bulimia and anorexia since I was 15".
She then used Twitter to announce the launch of a sub-section of her site called Body Revolution and invited her fans to post photos of themselves which celebrated their "triumph over insecurities". Good on her for standing up to the bullying, which has seen such ugly headlines as "The fat Lady Gaga sings" and "Looking meaty!"
Artists unveils new exhibition inspired by Hastings beachart
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains