Noel Gallagher''s new album is 'far out'
Friday 08 July 2011
Noel Gallagher says his second solo album is "far out" with "space jazz" on it.
The former Oasis guitarist has recorded an LP with experimental electronic act Amorphous Androgynous and believes its span of different musical genres will surprise a lot of people.
He said: "It's f***ing far out. It's got like 18 tracks on it, some of it's vaudeville, some of it's actual space jazz, some of it's krautrock, some it's soul, some of it's funk. And that's just the first song. It's the farthest out I've ever been."
Noel hasn't limited his experimentation to this album and claims the song 'What A Life!' on his first release, 'Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds'- which will come out in Ocotber - is a dance track and he is nervous about recreating it live when he goes tours.
He said: "I'm dreading playing a song called 'What A Life!' because it's kind of, for want of a better term, dance music. And I'm 44 and I can't f***ing dance so I don't know what I'm gonna do with that.
"I'm kind of nervous about that but I'm sure it'll all take shape in rehearsals or something like that."
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Shia LaBeouf's Nymphomaniac sex scene removed from YouTube
Eminem, Drake and Jay Z among Spotify's most-streamed artists of 2013
Morgan Freeman portrait: The world's most realistic finger painting?
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 How black gold was hijacked: North sea oil and the betrayal of Scotland
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert