Noel Gallagher''s new album is 'far out'
Friday 08 July 2011
Noel Gallagher says his second solo album is "far out" with "space jazz" on it.
The former Oasis guitarist has recorded an LP with experimental electronic act Amorphous Androgynous and believes its span of different musical genres will surprise a lot of people.
He said: "It's f***ing far out. It's got like 18 tracks on it, some of it's vaudeville, some of it's actual space jazz, some of it's krautrock, some it's soul, some of it's funk. And that's just the first song. It's the farthest out I've ever been."
Noel hasn't limited his experimentation to this album and claims the song 'What A Life!' on his first release, 'Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds'- which will come out in Ocotber - is a dance track and he is nervous about recreating it live when he goes tours.
He said: "I'm dreading playing a song called 'What A Life!' because it's kind of, for want of a better term, dance music. And I'm 44 and I can't f***ing dance so I don't know what I'm gonna do with that.
"I'm kind of nervous about that but I'm sure it'll all take shape in rehearsals or something like that."
Listen to his collaboration with Naughty Boymusic
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers