Noel reveals why he left Oasis
Sunday 30 August 2009
Noel Gallagher claimed yesterday that "verbal and violent" intimidation caused him to walk out on Oasis hours before a gig in Paris. He said on Friday that he could not bear working with his brother Liam for a day longer.
Apologising to fans, Gallagher released a statement, saying: "I feel you have the right to know the level of verbal and violent intimidation towards me, my family, friends and comrades has become intolerable. And the lack of support... from my management and bandmates has left me with no other option than to get me cape and seek pastures new. I take with me glorious memories."
Alan McGee, Oasis's former manager, said Friday's split was a "sad day for music".
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel
The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace