Noel reveals why he left Oasis
Sunday 30 August 2009
Noel Gallagher claimed yesterday that "verbal and violent" intimidation caused him to walk out on Oasis hours before a gig in Paris. He said on Friday that he could not bear working with his brother Liam for a day longer.
Apologising to fans, Gallagher released a statement, saying: "I feel you have the right to know the level of verbal and violent intimidation towards me, my family, friends and comrades has become intolerable. And the lack of support... from my management and bandmates has left me with no other option than to get me cape and seek pastures new. I take with me glorious memories."
Alan McGee, Oasis's former manager, said Friday's split was a "sad day for music".
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Arts & Ents blogs
YouTube star Rebecca Black is back with Saturday (it's a sequel to Friday, see?)
Norman Rockwell’s 'Saying Grace' tops record week of art auction sales in US
X Factor 2013: Luke Friend wins place in final as Rough Copy sent home
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >