Observations' One To Watch: Kate Dimbleby, Singer, 39
Saturday 25 August 2012
Question Time it ain't but David Dimbleby's daughter won a TV star search show at 16, after she was spotted busking for charity.
Now the jazz -folk singer, who grew up in Putney, has landed a small part as club singer in the upcoming thriller Blood starring Paul Bettany. When she isn't dabbling in films – she reinterprets the lives and music of singers from a bygone era. But later this year her own album of original songs Things As They Are is out.
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke