Photographer killed while taking photos of Justin Bieber's $200,000 Ferrari
29-year-old man struck by another vehicle while taking photos of star's white Ferrari 458 Italia
Justin Bieber has expressed his shock and sorrow after a man was killed while taking photographs of the teenage star’s car.
The 29-year-old man was struck by another vehicle while taking photos of Bieber’s white Ferrari 458 Italia in Los Angeles last night.
Bieber’s $200,000 supercar was stationary at the time of the incident, having been pulled over by police officers, and Bieber himself was not present.
It is believed the photographer had been tailing Bieber’s vehicle when it was pulled over by California Highway Patrol officers.
The man is reported to have got out of his car to take photos, but was hit and killed while running back to his vehicle.
CNN reported Bieber as saying: “While I was not present nor directly involved with this tragic accident, my thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim.”
The star added: “Hopefully this tragedy will finally inspire meaningful legislation and whatever other necessary steps to protect the lives and safety of celebrities, police officers, innocent public bystanders, and the photographers themselves.”
Los Angeles police officer James Stoughton said the photographer, who was not identified, died at a hospital shortly after the crash. He added that no charges are likely to be filed against the motorist who hit the man.
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans