Plan B joins Novello A-list
Friday 20 May 2011
Plan B was crowned king of the Ivor Novello Awards last night after picking up three honours, including the best album award for the chart-topping release The Defamation Of Strickland Banks.
The rapper-turned-soul singer, aka Ben Drew, was also named best songwriter while his single "She Said" was named as the most performed track.
Irish act Villagers took the prized "best song musically and lyrically" award for "Becoming A Jackal", a song which failed to even chart when it was released.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture