Pop star Mika's sister 'critical' after being impaled on railings
Monday 11 October 2010
The sister of pop star Mika is critically ill in hospital after falling from a window on to railings in west London, it has been reported.
Paloma Penniman, 28, fell 50ft from the third-floor window in Kensington on Sunday morning after she lost her balance while sitting on a ledge, The Sun reported.
It is believed firefighters had to cut a section of the railings before Ms Penniman was taken to hospital with them still in her, the newspaper said.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "Police were called to an address at 5.15 (yesterday) morning after reports a woman was impaled on railings after falling from a window."
A spokesman for Mika, 27, said: "Paloma had a serious accident. She is in a critical but stable state. The family have asked for privacy at this time."
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Emergency data law: David Cameron plots to bring back snoopers’ charter
NUT strike: David Cameron announces crackdown on strike action ahead of mass industrial action