Psy of relief? 'Gangnam Style' star's 'Gentleman' scores 86 million YouTube hits in 72 hours
Tuesday 16 April 2013
The pressure was on for Psy’s follow-up single after “Gangnam Style” became the most-watched video on YouTube with 1.5 billion hits.
But his similarly slapstick single “Gentleman” has already broken the record for the most views in a single day after it was watched 20 million times in its first 24 hours - and the video is now hurtling towards 87 million views just three days after it was published.
The "Gentleman" video, which continues to further Psy’s reputation for catchy dance moves, sees the South Korean singer acting in anything but a gentlemanly manner.
He pulls off an unsuspecting woman’s bikini, removes a chair out from underneath another and farts on a girl studying in the library. He shoves a cup in his date’s face, and adjusts the speed setting on a treadmill to ensure a runner goes flying off the end.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories