Punk band's tour bus plunges over viaduct
Thursday 16 August 2012
Nine people were taken to hospital yesterday after a tour bus carrying an American punk rock band, Baroness, plunged over a viaduct in heavy rain in Bath.
The band, from Savannah, Georgia, were touring Europe when their coach ploughed through a safety barrier and fell 30ft.
Two people, including the driver, had to be cut from the wreckage. They suffered the most serious injuries, including multiple fractures, and were taken to Frenchay Hospital in Bristol. The others were taken to the Royal United Hospital in Bath.
The band were travelling from Bristol to Southampton when the incident happened at the junction of Brassknocker Hill and the A36.
Geoffrey Macnab reviews The Desolation of Smaug - the meat in Peter Jackson's Hobbit sandwich
Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba get nods for Best Actor, which no black Brit has ever won
voicesJust when you thought you could find a man, get married, and have a baby by the age of 35... it turns out you’re too late, says Grace Dent
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
Arts & Ents blogs
The desolation of the Weinstein brothers: Film producers sue Warner Bros for $75m over Hobbit films
Your Money, Money, Money please - Abba ask fans for £195 pledges on direct-to-fan website
The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug review
Not all right on the night
Lost Peter Sellers films Dearth of a Salesman and Insomnia Is Good for You hailed as the movie equivalent of 'finding Dead Sea Scrolls'
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 3 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 4 Not all right on the night
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- < Previous
- Next >