Real Ales and Jazz Festival kicks off today
Thursday 19 July 2012
Today is the first day of the Real Ales and Jazz Festival which this year marks its 25th anniversary.
It is a three day festival of real ale, cider, wine and food set against a backdrop of jazz, swing and Dixie music.
The festival fundraises for the Reading Hockey Club which this year has nine representatives for Great Britain in the London 2012 Olympic Games.
It is housed under a large marquee so, unlike plenty of other festivals this year, won't be hampered by bad weather.
Gates open tonight at 7pm.
Arts & Ents blogs
I’ve not heard many bands that had quite the same kick as Pendulum did. Their unbelievable fusion of...
The episode begins with Finn (Cory Monteith) at college, partying and accidentally participating in ...
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
- 1 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 2 British business: We need to stay in the European Union - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
- 3 The moral case on tax avoidance is overwhelming - and we all know Google wants to do the right thing
- 4 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea will be a reunion that can only end in tears
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.