Simon Cowell's record label co-sign X Factor star Olly Murs
Tuesday 23 February 2010
X Factor runner-up Olly Murs signed a record deal today which will see him working jointly with Simon Cowell's label.
The singer, who lost out to Joe McElderry in the final of the TV talent show, has already begun work on his debut album.
Murs - currently on the X Factor live tour - has signed a joint deal between his TV mentor Cowell's firm Syco Music and Epic Records, which signed previous runners-up JLS.
Sonny Takhar, managing director of Syco, said: "We are thrilled to be involved with Olly - as an artist he ticks every box. We are also looking forward to working with Nick and the great team at Epic."
And Nick Raphael, managing director of Epic, said: "He is a big personality and we hope to make a big record on which we can showcase his obvious talents."
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke and Lady Gaga attacked by Noel Gallagher in 2013 music rant
Bob Dylan's 'going electric' guitar from Newport Folk Festival sells for nearly $1m
Doctor Who Christmas special 2013: New pictures released of Matt Smith's finale
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >