Simon Cowell's record label co-sign X Factor star Olly Murs
Tuesday 23 February 2010
X Factor runner-up Olly Murs signed a record deal today which will see him working jointly with Simon Cowell's label.
The singer, who lost out to Joe McElderry in the final of the TV talent show, has already begun work on his debut album.
Murs - currently on the X Factor live tour - has signed a joint deal between his TV mentor Cowell's firm Syco Music and Epic Records, which signed previous runners-up JLS.
Sonny Takhar, managing director of Syco, said: "We are thrilled to be involved with Olly - as an artist he ticks every box. We are also looking forward to working with Nick and the great team at Epic."
And Nick Raphael, managing director of Epic, said: "He is a big personality and we hope to make a big record on which we can showcase his obvious talents."
A The film has amassed an estimated $28.7 million in its opening weekend
A statement was published on his fansite, True To You, following release of new album
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 4 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
- 5 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
JK Rowling releases new Harry Potter story on Pottermore: Introducing Celestina Warbuck, the 'Singing Sorceress'
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
Celebrity Big Brother 2014 contestants: Meet Kellie Maloney, formerly known as Frank Maloney
Kate Bush: Previously unseen photographs reveal new side to comeback star
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict