Status Quo go rockin' all over the screen
Rock veterans Status Quo are to enjoy a career resurgence with two feature films celebrating 50 years of heads-down boogie.
The group announced earlier this year they were starring in their own film, Bula Quo!, filmed in Fiji. A second film, a "rockumentary" called Hello Quo, will trace a half-century of "sex, drugs and rock'n'roll". It features new interviews with fans such as Queen's Brian May, Slade, Paul Weller and former ELO star Jeff Lynne.
Guitarist Rick Parfitt said: "We're excited that we've now made the leap from gold discs to the silver screen."
game of thrones reviewWarning: spoilers
North London meets The Exorcist in eerie suburban drama
Filming to begin on two new series due to be aired on Dave from next year
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Lucy Hawking: Stephen Hawking's daughter writes impassioned open letter to Katie Hopkins about rights of disabled people
- 2 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 3 Russell Brand backs Ed Miliband: 'You gotta vote Labour'
- 4 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils