Taylor Swift to perform at MTV awards next month
Tuesday 21 August 2012
Six-time Grammy winner Taylor Swift will perform at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards next month. But she won't be the only gold winner in the room.
The American Women's Gymnastics team - nicknamed the Fierce Five - will be present at the show on 6 September.
Miley Cyrus, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller will also present awards.
Drake and Rihanna lead with five nominations each. They'll battle Katy Perry, M.I.A. and Gotye for video of the year.
Comedian Kevin Hart will host the VMAs live from the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Performers include Green Day, Alicia Keys, Pink and One Direction.
At last year's MTV awards, Kanye West broke into Taylor Swift's acceptance speech for best video, appearing to suggest Beyonce's was better. He later apologised for the disruption.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Arts & Ents blogs
YouTube star Rebecca Black is back with Saturday (it's a sequel to Friday, see?)
Norman Rockwell’s 'Saying Grace' tops record week of art auction sales in US
X Factor 2013: Luke Friend wins place in final as Rough Copy sent home
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >