Taylor Swift to perform at MTV awards next month
Tuesday 21 August 2012
Six-time Grammy winner Taylor Swift will perform at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards next month. But she won't be the only gold winner in the room.
The American Women's Gymnastics team - nicknamed the Fierce Five - will be present at the show on 6 September.
Miley Cyrus, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller will also present awards.
Drake and Rihanna lead with five nominations each. They'll battle Katy Perry, M.I.A. and Gotye for video of the year.
Comedian Kevin Hart will host the VMAs live from the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Performers include Green Day, Alicia Keys, Pink and One Direction.
At last year's MTV awards, Kanye West broke into Taylor Swift's acceptance speech for best video, appearing to suggest Beyonce's was better. He later apologised for the disruption.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: What you shouldn't tweet about if you want to avoid jail today
- 3 Scottish independence: Five reasons Salmond is secretly hoping for a 'No' vote
- 4 Isis plan to 'behead random member of the public' in Sydney thwarted by Australian police
- 5 Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'