Taylor Swift's break-up song most popular karaoke tune on Valentine's Day
Friday 15 February 2013
Love was clearly not in the air for everybody on Valentine's Day after a poll showed Taylor Swift's break-up hit "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" was the most popular song for karaoke fans yesterday.
The song, which was a massive hit when it was released last year, was the most sung song on karaoke website luckyvoice.com, yesterday.
It accounted for almost one in ten (9%) of all the 22,000 songs sung on the site on the day.
Second most popular was X Factor winner James Arthur's hit "Impossible" (6.5 per cent) followed by another break-up track - Adele's "Someone Like You" which accounted for 3.8 per cent of all songs sung.
Lucky Voice boss Nick Thistleton said: "Breaking up is hard to take, and for people who have been delivered the 'it's not you...it's me' line in the lead up to Valentine's Day, it's a double blow.
"We've seen a surge in heartbreak songs in the UK Karaoke Charts Top 10 in recent weeks, which tells us that the start of 2013 has been an emotional relationship rollercoaster for many. The good news is, there's nothing quite like a karaoke break-up song to help sing away the pain."
The Top 10 most sung songs on luckyvoice.com on Valentine's Day:
1. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - Taylor Swift (9%)
2. Impossible - James Arthur (6.5%)
3. Someone Like You - Adele (3.8%)
4. What Makes You Beautiful - One Direction (3%)
5. Gangnam Style - Psy (2%)
6. Single Ladies - Beyonce (1.2%)
7. Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen (1%)
8. Skyfall - Adele (0.8%)
9. Candy - Robbie Williams (0.8%)
10. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey (0.6%)
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
They're back, they're big – and they're still spectacularly boringfilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let’s see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in World Cup match
- 5 Give childhood back to children: if we want our offspring to have happy, productive and moral lives, we must allow more time for play, not less
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories