Taylor Swift's break-up song most popular karaoke tune on Valentine's Day
Friday 15 February 2013
Love was clearly not in the air for everybody on Valentine's Day after a poll showed Taylor Swift's break-up hit "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" was the most popular song for karaoke fans yesterday.
The song, which was a massive hit when it was released last year, was the most sung song on karaoke website luckyvoice.com, yesterday.
It accounted for almost one in ten (9%) of all the 22,000 songs sung on the site on the day.
Second most popular was X Factor winner James Arthur's hit "Impossible" (6.5 per cent) followed by another break-up track - Adele's "Someone Like You" which accounted for 3.8 per cent of all songs sung.
Lucky Voice boss Nick Thistleton said: "Breaking up is hard to take, and for people who have been delivered the 'it's not you...it's me' line in the lead up to Valentine's Day, it's a double blow.
"We've seen a surge in heartbreak songs in the UK Karaoke Charts Top 10 in recent weeks, which tells us that the start of 2013 has been an emotional relationship rollercoaster for many. The good news is, there's nothing quite like a karaoke break-up song to help sing away the pain."
The Top 10 most sung songs on luckyvoice.com on Valentine's Day:
1. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - Taylor Swift (9%)
2. Impossible - James Arthur (6.5%)
3. Someone Like You - Adele (3.8%)
4. What Makes You Beautiful - One Direction (3%)
5. Gangnam Style - Psy (2%)
6. Single Ladies - Beyonce (1.2%)
7. Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen (1%)
8. Skyfall - Adele (0.8%)
9. Candy - Robbie Williams (0.8%)
10. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey (0.6%)
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
- 4 Tyler, The Creator says having new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
- 5 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
Lauren Bacall's last ever performance on Family Guy airs in UK tonight
Fifty Shades of Grey movie: New picture of Anastasia Steele revealed
X Factor 2014 review: Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole clashed over Rouge Kiss
Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
Doctor Who, Listen, review: Possibly Steven Moffat's most terrifying episode
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Scottish independence: Britain faces 'constitutional crisis' at next election
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly