Ten members of Mexican band La Reyna de Monterrey killed in horrific car crash
Ten members of music troupe La Reyna de Monterrey were reported to have been killed in a car accident in northern Mexico early on Saturday morning.
The accident happened at Sabinas Hidalgo, on the outskirts of Monterrey, as the musicians drove home from playing a gig in a bar in Nuevo Laredo.
It is thought the van the musicians were travelling in crashed into a lorry before veering onto the other side of the road and hitting a tractor head-on. Reports from local authorities suggest the band’s van driver is alleged to have fallen asleep at the wheel.
Officials quoted by local press said the force of the collision was so powerful that some band-members were thrown from the vehicle into the road.
Police have yet to release the names of the dead but there are another five band-members who sustained injuries and are currently receiving treatment in hospital at Salina Hidalgo.
An investigation has been launched into the accident according to Associated Press.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan in new celebrity hacking attack weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea's 'Booty' music video is just a load of butts
Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
The Beatles biographer reveals exclusive original manuscripts of some of the best pop songs ever written
Friends 20th anniversary: The highs and lows of the cast's careers since 2004
Friends 20th anniversary: Six things we wouldn't have without influential comedy series
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'