The Boss 'is the answer to Australia's economic woes'
Wednesday 01 August 2012
Australia's finance minister has declared rock star Bruce Springsteen the answer to economic woes.
Wayne Swan said the country could learn a lot - and avoid pitfalls - by listening to his music.
Mr Swan said the star, nicknamed The Boss, has long been his political inspiration. He said the New Jersey-born rock star's music, railing against inequality, echoed his own public battle against Australian billionaire mining tycoons who oppose his tax reforms.
Arts & Ents blogs
Even though there was a complete absence of our favourite odd couple Brienne and Jaime, we got anoth...
If you had any doubt where Binky gets her brilliantly brassy disregard for social graces, episode se...
Kate Simko is a lady who has constantly worked towards to pushing herself musically. Though she make...
- 1 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
- 4 Be more professional! GCHQ staff rapped as WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange reveals messages that he says point to 'fit up'
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.