The growing pains of a teen idol
Justin Bieber has dropped a new track, "Boyfriend", his first since he reached adulthood earlier this month. And one thing's for sure: he wants us to know that he is all grown up.
The bubblegum pop that helped make him the world's most famous teenager has been replaced by edgier production, deeper vocals and an offer to "be a gentleman, anything you want". There's even a hint that he has censored a rude word (edgy!).
It's clear Bieber covets Justin Timberlake's position as the slick prince of pop adored by girls and women alike (which is free since Timberlake decided to concentrate on movies). But it's hard for tween idols to graduate beyond bedroom walls and locker doors to the next stage.
We can't help thinking it would be easier for the Biebs to shake off his boyish image if he didn't still look about 12-years old.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
From rainforests and reefs to beaches and boat trips
The Silicon Valley awards which treat scientists like rockstars
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
Arts & Ents blogs
Jack Whitehall crowned king of British Comedy Awards
Beyonce guerrilla releases entire new album worldwide on iTunes
American Psycho, theatre review: Matt Smith regenerates as ripped uber-narcissist
MasterChef: The Professionals 2013 - Steven Edwards, Adam Handling and Scott Davies are the final three
MasterChef: The Professionals 2013 - Steven Edwards crowned winner
- 1 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 4 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >