The Risk wax lyrical about rivals One Direction
Tuesday 11 June 2013
Boyband The Risk waxed lyrical about their heroes One Direction after a visit to Madame Tussauds to see their figures.
The One Direction models were unveiled earlier this year after months of work by Madame Tussauds sculptors and stylists.
The Risk, who like chart-toppers One Direction were put together during a series of The X Factor, release their new single in August and hope to follow One Direction into the charts.
Singer Andy Merry said: "One Direction were in The X Factor the year before us, and now they're absolutely huge. We've just announced our brand new single and tour - this time next year it could be us launching wax figures here."
More than 20,000 fans have posed for pictures with the One Direction wax lookalikes since they were unveiled in April.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 BBC’s new Game of Thrones slayer 'The Last Kingdom' relies on Saxon appeal, creators say
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories