The xx to headline Eden Sessions 2013
The xx will headline at next summer's Cornish music event the Eden Sessions.
The band, who released their second studio album Coexist this September and hit the top of the UK album charts, will top the bill at the Eden Sessions on Tuesday 2 July 2013.
Coexist follows the London trio’s self-titled platinum-selling debut album which won the Mercury Music Prize in 2009.
Last year they were nominated for three Brit awards for their distinctive understated ambient indie pop sound.
They have a reputation for powerful live performances and their show at this year’s Bestival drew what is said to be the largest crowd in the history of the festival.
Martin Williams, Eden Project Marketing Director, said: “We are thrilled to be able to announce an act of such a high calibre for the 2013 Eden Sessions. We’re very excited to be hosting The xx, especially considering that we are one of just a handful of summer gigs they will be playing.”
Announced as a Sessions headliner earlier this year, Eddie Izzard will be bringing his Force Majeure show to the home of the Biomes on 3 June, 2013.
The Eden Sessions will have been going for 12 years next July. Previous headliners include Blink-182, Plan B, Tim Minchin, Chase & Status, Noah and the Whale, The Vaccines, Example and Frank Turner.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough
MOBO Awards 2014: Jess Glynne hits out at 'ridiculous' criticism of nominated white artists
American Horror Story season 4, Fox - TV review: Silly, sensational and sensitive
MOBO awards 2014: Sam Smith sweeps the board with four gongs
The Apprentice, episode 3 - review: Lord Sugar hacks away at the deadwood with another double elimination
Channel 5 set to give Big Brother the cold shoulder