Thin Lizzy guitarist Gary Moore found dead in holiday hotel
Monday 07 February 2011
The rock guitarist Gary Moore, famed for his fretwork with the legendary Irish band Thin Lizzy, died yesterday while on holiday on the Costa del Sol.
Scott Gorham, another guitarist with Thin Lizzy, said it had been a pleasure to play with Moore, 58. "Playing with Gary during the Black Rose era was a great experience, he was a great player and a great guy," he said. While Moore's renown indisputably derives primarily from his various spells with Thin Lizzy, these were sporadic, short-lived and formed only one aspect of a long career. He also played in the bands Skid Row and Colosseum II, and released many blues-based solo albums.
Oscars 2015 Mexican filmmaker uses speech to urge 'respect' for immigrants
Oscars 2015 Bringing you all the news from the 87th Academy Awards
TV ReviewThe intrigue deepens as we delve further but don't expect any answers just yet
Razzies 2015 Golden Raspberry Awards 'honours' Cameron Diaz and Kirk Cameron
Film Hollywood's new leading lady talks about her Ramsay Street days
Oscar voter speaks outfilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East