Thin Lizzy guitarist Gary Moore found dead in holiday hotel
Monday 07 February 2011
The rock guitarist Gary Moore, famed for his fretwork with the legendary Irish band Thin Lizzy, died yesterday while on holiday on the Costa del Sol.
Scott Gorham, another guitarist with Thin Lizzy, said it had been a pleasure to play with Moore, 58. "Playing with Gary during the Black Rose era was a great experience, he was a great player and a great guy," he said. While Moore's renown indisputably derives primarily from his various spells with Thin Lizzy, these were sporadic, short-lived and formed only one aspect of a long career. He also played in the bands Skid Row and Colosseum II, and released many blues-based solo albums.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Stall talk: The arcane rules of chit-chat that take place in the gents'
Paul Walker: Fast and Furious cast release video tribute to late star
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
The top gay icons (straight up!)
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >