'This is for Rupert Murdoch...': Charlotte Church serves her revenge in a song
She may have settled for damages of up to £600,000, but Charlotte Church has returned to the fray in her ongoing dispute with Rupert Murdoch's newspaper group, by writing a song about the tycoon.
The singer, who gave evidence at the Leveson Inquiry, gave a preview of the Murdoch-inspired song "Mr The News" during a gig in Hay on Sunday night. She told the audience: "This next song is for Rupert Murdoch." It includes the lyric "something tells me you've hit the bottom".
Miss Church and her family settled with News Group Newspapers in February over coverage of their private life and suspected interception of voicemail messages.
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
food + drinkHow one grocery e-tailer is gearing up for the Yuletide rush
food + drink
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Back in Black (Sabbath): On the comeback trail with Ozzy Osbourne and crew
The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >