'This is for Rupert Murdoch...': Charlotte Church serves her revenge in a song
She may have settled for damages of up to £600,000, but Charlotte Church has returned to the fray in her ongoing dispute with Rupert Murdoch's newspaper group, by writing a song about the tycoon.
The singer, who gave evidence at the Leveson Inquiry, gave a preview of the Murdoch-inspired song "Mr The News" during a gig in Hay on Sunday night. She told the audience: "This next song is for Rupert Murdoch." It includes the lyric "something tells me you've hit the bottom".
Miss Church and her family settled with News Group Newspapers in February over coverage of their private life and suspected interception of voicemail messages.
Arts & Ents blogs
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
Fela Kuti, Jewish food and The Great Gatsby are just some of the reasons why the rainy weather ahead...
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Gove’s lesson: spare the comma, spoil the child
- 3 Ukip captures Labour fortress in South Yorkshire by-election
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.