Tina Turner marries boyfriend of 27 years Erwin Back in lavish ceremony beside Lake Zurich
Friday 26 July 2013
Rock superstar Tina Turner said her life was "a wonderful place to be" after marrying her German music producer boyfriend after 27 years.
The 73-year-old singer tied the knot with Erwin Bach in a ceremony on the banks of Lake Zurich in Switzerland last weekend.
She told Hello! Magazine: "It's that happiness that people talk about, when you wish for nothing, when you can finally take a deep breath and say, 'Everything is good'.
"It's a wonderful place to be."
The star, who is a practising Buddhist, said she chose to have a wedding that was in "the American tradition I grew up with, tailoring it a little bit to me".
She had picked out her wedding dress, a green and black silk Armani creation embellished with Swarovski crystals, after seeing it on a catwalk in Beijing.
"I thought, 'I gotta have that, even if I never wear it'," she said.
"Then I thought, 'I know, that will be my wedding dress'."
Turner, who asked that all her female guests wear white whilst the men wore black tie, was joined on the day by friends including Oprah Winfrey and Bryan Adams before a honeymoon in Italy.
:: For the full interview, see Hello! Magazine on sale now.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world