Tupac most popular artist among inmates
Wednesday 02 January 2013
The late US rapper Tupac – who was no stranger to the cells himself after serving 10 days for beating another musician with a baseball bat – has been named the most popular artist among British prisoners.
More than 4,000 inmates requested songs on National Prison Radio, which broadcasts to 84,000 inmates in the UK. Tupac was the most popular requested artist, with the Jamaican dancehall artist Vybz Kartel following second and rapper K Koke third.
Rihanna, who was fourth, was the only female artist in the top 20. Other artists to feature included Eminem and Lil Wayne.
Arts & Ents blogs
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
Fela Kuti, Jewish food and The Great Gatsby are just some of the reasons why the rainy weather ahead...
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Boxing: Carl Froch slams fellow Brits for sparring with Mikkel Kessler
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 David Cameron goes to war with press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.