Twitter #MusicMonday top songs: 30 Seconds to Mars, Rage Against the Machine
Tuesday 15 December 2009
More than 45,000 Music Monday tweets were counted on December 14, with tweeters sharing the names of music and songs they liked in a tweet using the "#musicmonday" hashtag. The week's popular song selections included two tracks from the newly released album by 30 Seconds to Mars, plus continuing favorites by Lady Gaga, Owl City, and Chris Brown.
This week's top three singles include two singles by 30 Seconds to Mars, whose CD Time of War released December 8, and "Bad Romance" from Lady Gaga's The Fame Monster, released November 23.
Also making the top ten was "Killing in the Name" by Rage Against the Machine, from the band's 1992 self-titled album. Earlier this month, a Facebook group was launched encouraging people to buy the song in the week leading up to Christmas. The idea was to prevent the winner of the UK television show The X Factor from taking number one on the Christmas UK singles chart for the fifth consecutive year.
Top #musicmonday songs at twit40.com:
1. Kings and Queens - 30 Seconds to Mars
2. This Is War - 30 seconds to Mars
3. Bad Romance - Lady GaGa
4. Fireflies - Owl City
5. Crawl - Chris Brown
6. Sex Therapy - Robin Thicke
7. TiK ToK - Kesha
8. Russian Roulette - Rihanna
9. Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart - Alicia Keys
10. Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Machine
#MusicMonday is a weekly Twitter trend that gives Tweeters a chance to find and share music. Users recommend music to their followers, and people looking to discover new music can search the term "#musicmonday" and scroll through thousands of selections.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2014, review: Love is everywhere, actually
The Boy in the Dress, TV review: David Walliams' Boxing Day treat is a celebration of being different
Exodus: Gods and Kings banned in the UAE for 'religious mistakes'
Game of Thrones is most-pirated TV show of 2014
Doctor Who and the BBC 'promoting a gay agenda', viewers complain
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk