Twitter #MusicMonday top songs: 30 Seconds to Mars, Rage Against the Machine
Tuesday 15 December 2009
More than 45,000 Music Monday tweets were counted on December 14, with tweeters sharing the names of music and songs they liked in a tweet using the "#musicmonday" hashtag. The week's popular song selections included two tracks from the newly released album by 30 Seconds to Mars, plus continuing favorites by Lady Gaga, Owl City, and Chris Brown.
This week's top three singles include two singles by 30 Seconds to Mars, whose CD Time of War released December 8, and "Bad Romance" from Lady Gaga's The Fame Monster, released November 23.
Also making the top ten was "Killing in the Name" by Rage Against the Machine, from the band's 1992 self-titled album. Earlier this month, a Facebook group was launched encouraging people to buy the song in the week leading up to Christmas. The idea was to prevent the winner of the UK television show The X Factor from taking number one on the Christmas UK singles chart for the fifth consecutive year.
Top #musicmonday songs at twit40.com:
1. Kings and Queens - 30 Seconds to Mars
2. This Is War - 30 seconds to Mars
3. Bad Romance - Lady GaGa
4. Fireflies - Owl City
5. Crawl - Chris Brown
6. Sex Therapy - Robin Thicke
7. TiK ToK - Kesha
8. Russian Roulette - Rihanna
9. Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart - Alicia Keys
10. Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Machine
#MusicMonday is a weekly Twitter trend that gives Tweeters a chance to find and share music. Users recommend music to their followers, and people looking to discover new music can search the term "#musicmonday" and scroll through thousands of selections.
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Barbarians vs Samoa interrupted by sprinklers as fans criticise lack of Wi-Fi and poor seating at West Ham's Olympic Stadium
- 2 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 3 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 4 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper
Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe Ned Stark's son may have a twin sister
Edinburgh Fringe 2015: Monty Python-inspired Australian Sam Simmons wins comedy award with 'very silly' show
X Factor hopeful Mason Noise: 'How is Cheryl Fernandez-Versini in the music business, let alone a judge?'
Game of Thrones season 6: Director promises most exciting premiere yet 'starts off with a bang'
Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Online toy marathon to launch new film
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up