Twitter #MusicMonday top songs: 30 Seconds to Mars, Rage Against the Machine
Tuesday 15 December 2009
More than 45,000 Music Monday tweets were counted on December 14, with tweeters sharing the names of music and songs they liked in a tweet using the "#musicmonday" hashtag. The week's popular song selections included two tracks from the newly released album by 30 Seconds to Mars, plus continuing favorites by Lady Gaga, Owl City, and Chris Brown.
This week's top three singles include two singles by 30 Seconds to Mars, whose CD Time of War released December 8, and "Bad Romance" from Lady Gaga's The Fame Monster, released November 23.
Also making the top ten was "Killing in the Name" by Rage Against the Machine, from the band's 1992 self-titled album. Earlier this month, a Facebook group was launched encouraging people to buy the song in the week leading up to Christmas. The idea was to prevent the winner of the UK television show The X Factor from taking number one on the Christmas UK singles chart for the fifth consecutive year.
Top #musicmonday songs at twit40.com:
1. Kings and Queens - 30 Seconds to Mars
2. This Is War - 30 seconds to Mars
3. Bad Romance - Lady GaGa
4. Fireflies - Owl City
5. Crawl - Chris Brown
6. Sex Therapy - Robin Thicke
7. TiK ToK - Kesha
8. Russian Roulette - Rihanna
9. Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart - Alicia Keys
10. Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Machine
#MusicMonday is a weekly Twitter trend that gives Tweeters a chance to find and share music. Users recommend music to their followers, and people looking to discover new music can search the term "#musicmonday" and scroll through thousands of selections.
Books And it is whizzpopping!
MusicThey're running their own restaurants
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Lord Sewel quits: Peer 'boasts of having sex with BBC presenter and seeing 13 mistresses'
- 2 Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta clashes with President Obama on LGBT equality: ‘Gay rights is really a non-issue’
- 3 Topshop pulls 'ridiculously skinny' mannequins after being shamed by customer on Facebook
- 4 Five-year-old boy forced classmate to simulate oral sex at primary school, claims mother
- 5 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
True Detective season 2 episode 6 review: Tension mounts just as time is running out
Inside Out: Pixar makes crucial change for Japanese audiences by editing out broccoli
Watch Tom Cruise lip sync to The Weeknd (seriously)
Life in Squares, BBC2 - TV review: Self-indulgent and over-sexed, the Bloomsbury set were hard to take seriously
Top Gear cleared by Ofcom over Jeremy Clarkson's use of the word 'pikey'
The 9 charts that show the 'left-wing' policies of Jeremy Corbyn the public actually agrees with
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
What the Labour party could look like under Jeremy Corbyn
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park