Twitter #MusicMonday top songs: 30 Seconds to Mars, Rage Against the Machine
Tuesday 15 December 2009
More than 45,000 Music Monday tweets were counted on December 14, with tweeters sharing the names of music and songs they liked in a tweet using the "#musicmonday" hashtag. The week's popular song selections included two tracks from the newly released album by 30 Seconds to Mars, plus continuing favorites by Lady Gaga, Owl City, and Chris Brown.
This week's top three singles include two singles by 30 Seconds to Mars, whose CD Time of War released December 8, and "Bad Romance" from Lady Gaga's The Fame Monster, released November 23.
Also making the top ten was "Killing in the Name" by Rage Against the Machine, from the band's 1992 self-titled album. Earlier this month, a Facebook group was launched encouraging people to buy the song in the week leading up to Christmas. The idea was to prevent the winner of the UK television show The X Factor from taking number one on the Christmas UK singles chart for the fifth consecutive year.
Top #musicmonday songs at twit40.com:
1. Kings and Queens - 30 Seconds to Mars
2. This Is War - 30 seconds to Mars
3. Bad Romance - Lady GaGa
4. Fireflies - Owl City
5. Crawl - Chris Brown
6. Sex Therapy - Robin Thicke
7. TiK ToK - Kesha
8. Russian Roulette - Rihanna
9. Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart - Alicia Keys
10. Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Machine
#MusicMonday is a weekly Twitter trend that gives Tweeters a chance to find and share music. Users recommend music to their followers, and people looking to discover new music can search the term "#musicmonday" and scroll through thousands of selections.
Art Piece taken off website amid 'severe security alert'
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Academy criticised after no non-white actors nominated
tvAn expose of hooliganism masquerading as an ideological battle
artLee Hadwin can't draw when he's awake, but by night he's an artist
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2
- 5 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Mr Selfridge series 3: Actress Kara Tointon says 'we're starting to see his demise'
Ed Sheeran texts Noel Gallagher to offer him tickets after Wembley Stadium rant
Benedict Cumberbatch says Hollywood is better for black British actors
Sia apologises for 'Elastic Heart' music video that sees Shia LaBeouf wrestle 12-year-old Maddie Ziegler
Taylor Swift banned from Triple J Hottest 100: Fans react to epic #Tay4Hottest100 defeat
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks