Twitter #MusicMonday top songs: 30 Seconds to Mars, Rage Against the Machine
Tuesday 15 December 2009
More than 45,000 Music Monday tweets were counted on December 14, with tweeters sharing the names of music and songs they liked in a tweet using the "#musicmonday" hashtag. The week's popular song selections included two tracks from the newly released album by 30 Seconds to Mars, plus continuing favorites by Lady Gaga, Owl City, and Chris Brown.
This week's top three singles include two singles by 30 Seconds to Mars, whose CD Time of War released December 8, and "Bad Romance" from Lady Gaga's The Fame Monster, released November 23.
Also making the top ten was "Killing in the Name" by Rage Against the Machine, from the band's 1992 self-titled album. Earlier this month, a Facebook group was launched encouraging people to buy the song in the week leading up to Christmas. The idea was to prevent the winner of the UK television show The X Factor from taking number one on the Christmas UK singles chart for the fifth consecutive year.
Top #musicmonday songs at twit40.com:
1. Kings and Queens - 30 Seconds to Mars
2. This Is War - 30 seconds to Mars
3. Bad Romance - Lady GaGa
4. Fireflies - Owl City
5. Crawl - Chris Brown
6. Sex Therapy - Robin Thicke
7. TiK ToK - Kesha
8. Russian Roulette - Rihanna
9. Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart - Alicia Keys
10. Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Machine
#MusicMonday is a weekly Twitter trend that gives Tweeters a chance to find and share music. Users recommend music to their followers, and people looking to discover new music can search the term "#musicmonday" and scroll through thousands of selections.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
Great British Bake Off 2014: Diana Beard quits after falling ill
Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Breaking Bad season 6 hoax: Vince Gilligan has not confirmed a new series
Strictly Come Dancing v X Factor: Simon Cowell blasts BBC over scheduling war
Doctor Who series 8: Ofcom will not investigate lesbian kiss
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >