Wings guitarist 'critical' in hospital after heart attack
Wednesday 07 November 2012
Former Wings guitarist Henry McCullough is in a critical condition in hospital after suffering a heart attack.
The 69-year-old from Portstewart, Northern Ireland, was taken ill on Monday night.
McCullough, who played with Joe Cocker at the famous Woodstock festival in 1969, is being treated at the Causeway Hospital in Coleraine.
A spokeswoman for the hospital said he was in a "critical condition".
The rock guitarist embarked on a successful solo career after his time playing with Paul McCartney in Wings.
He is perhaps best known for his playing on Wings' number one hit "My Love".
His sister Rae Morrison said the family were very distressed.
"He is very special person," she said. "It really is a very worrying time for us."
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Caitlyn Jenner car crash: Driver who died in collision sued by surviving passengers for $18.5m
- 2 Pictures show young Palestinian girl biting Israeli soldier trying to detain boy during West Bank protests
- 3 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 4 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe Ned Stark's son may have a twin sister
Edinburgh Fringe 2015: Monty Python-inspired Australian Sam Simmons wins comedy award with 'very silly' show
Game of Thrones season 6: Director promises most exciting premiere yet 'starts off with a bang'
Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Online toy marathon to launch new film
Benedict Cumberbatch in Hamlet: Technician quits after social media row with actor's fans
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Stock up on canned food for stock market crash, warns former Gordon Brown adviser
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn voters most likely to believe 'world is controlled by a secretive elite'