Wings guitarist 'critical' in hospital after heart attack
Wednesday 07 November 2012
Former Wings guitarist Henry McCullough is in a critical condition in hospital after suffering a heart attack.
The 69-year-old from Portstewart, Northern Ireland, was taken ill on Monday night.
McCullough, who played with Joe Cocker at the famous Woodstock festival in 1969, is being treated at the Causeway Hospital in Coleraine.
A spokeswoman for the hospital said he was in a "critical condition".
The rock guitarist embarked on a successful solo career after his time playing with Paul McCartney in Wings.
He is perhaps best known for his playing on Wings' number one hit "My Love".
His sister Rae Morrison said the family were very distressed.
"He is very special person," she said. "It really is a very worrying time for us."
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain