Album: Alice Cooper, Old School (Universal)
Sunday 16 December 2012
Covering the era (1964-1974) when Alice Cooper was the band, not the character, Old School traces their development from tinny garage blues outfit, via mildly malevolent psychedelia, towards operatic glam-noir.
A rarities collection rather than an anthology, it takes in murky live recordings, demos and, perhaps most enjoyably of all, corny shock-horror radio ads: "Alice Cooper is unisex, raw, together and violent. Just like you, fellow American!"
film Sex scene trailer sees a shirtless Jamie Dornan turn up the heat
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Hard line on immigration could cost Tories the election