Album: Amy Winehouse, Amy Winehouse at the BBC (Island/Lioness
Sunday 18 November 2012
While there's a limit to how many times one can watch old clips from Later… or the sublime-to-ridiculous Porchester Hall show, you can't deny the power of this three-DVD-plus-one-CD collection.
Winehouse's progression from fresh-faced ingénue to agonised diva is operatic stuff. The CD includes a fantastic slow version of "Valerie" and two straight jazz numbers with John Dankworth in the band. Oh what we have lost.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: What you shouldn't tweet about if you want to avoid jail today
- 3 Scottish independence: Five reasons Salmond is secretly hoping for a 'No' vote
- 4 Isis plan to 'behead random member of the public' in Sydney thwarted by Australian police
- 5 Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'