Album: Annie Lennox, A Christmas Cornucopia (Island)
Sunday 19 December 2010
Annie Lennox hoarsely bellowing the very bleakest of carols with all the warmth of a stern Victorian materfamilias?
What could be more Christmassy? There was always a mile-wide puritan streak running through the former Eurythmic, and the lavishly orchestrated but profoundly joyless A Christmas Cornucopia feels like being told off for an hour. "You WILL go to church. You WILL listen silently to the Queen's Speech." If she turned up singing outside your door, you'd cower in fear.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: What you shouldn't tweet about if you want to avoid jail today
- 3 Scottish independence: Five reasons Salmond is secretly hoping for a 'No' vote
- 4 Isis plan to 'behead random member of the public' in Sydney thwarted by Australian police
- 5 Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'