Album: Asking Alexandrida, From Death to Destiny (Sumerian)
Saturday 03 August 2013
The name Asking Alexandria may conform to the emo cliché of present participle plus girl's name, but the York band technically qualify as metalcore.
In practice this means the well-worn formula of alternating between melodic interludes and thrash. It would take a listener more immersed in Kerrang! culture than I or, most likely, you to discern whether From Death to Destiny is a good or bad example of its genre. But an example of its genre it most certainly is.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- < Previous
- Next >