Album: Beady Eye, Different Gear, Still Speeding (Beady Eye)
Sunday 27 February 2011
Oasis minus the organ-grinder needn't be an entirely horrific prospect.
Gem Archer and Andy Bell were both in forward-looking bands before becoming Noel's yes-men. Sadly, it's Liam's aesthetic which dominates. His Lennon obsession won't let up: there's a song called "Beatles and Stones", an "Instant Karma" pastiche, and so on. The chorus of "Actually, this is not bad" for the single "Bring the Light" will simmer down to an embarrassed cough when the world hears this.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- < Previous
- Next >