Album: Belle and Sebastian, The Third Eye Centre (Rough Trade)
Saturday 24 August 2013
As an 19-track collection of rarities from the period 2003-present, TTEC is necessarily a mixed bag of styles and qualities.
A handful stand out above the wistful indie-pop morass, notably the Avalanches remix of “I’m a Cuckoo”, the superb neo-disco of the new track “Your Cover’s Blown” and Richard X’s reworking of “I Didn’t See it Coming”. Much of the rest is for obsessives only. Luckily, Belle and Sebastian have those in abundance.
Will explain back story to fictional kingdom Westeros
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 2 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 3 Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson criticised for beer tweet
- 4 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 5 The bubble bursts for Sodastream
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything