Album: Bitter: Sweet, Drama, (Qaungo/Cooperative Music)
Sunday 29 March 2009
Too late for the scene and too early for mid-1990s nostalgia, Bitter:Sweet are a jazzy/trip-hop duo whose music is designed to be played in the background of TV shows such as
Grey's Anatomy (episode two, season three) or in the foreground of
Lipstick Jungle (theme tune, "The Bomb").
It helps that Bitter:Sweet are based in LA, though that's not likely to boost credibility. Still, organise a dinner party, get the chardonnay in and make like the past few years have all been a horrible dream.
Pick of the album: Got the shoes, got the handbag, get 'The Bomb'
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter