Album: Bitter: Sweet, Drama, (Qaungo/Cooperative Music)
Sunday 29 March 2009
Too late for the scene and too early for mid-1990s nostalgia, Bitter:Sweet are a jazzy/trip-hop duo whose music is designed to be played in the background of TV shows such as
Grey's Anatomy (episode two, season three) or in the foreground of
Lipstick Jungle (theme tune, "The Bomb").
It helps that Bitter:Sweet are based in LA, though that's not likely to boost credibility. Still, organise a dinner party, get the chardonnay in and make like the past few years have all been a horrible dream.
Pick of the album: Got the shoes, got the handbag, get 'The Bomb'
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 If you weren't afraid of flying before last week... you probably are now
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Lauren Goodger calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after sex tape leaks online
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia