Album: Chick Corea, The Vigil (Concord)
Sunday 28 July 2013
Good fusion bands need great drummers and Marcus Gilmore's all-around-the-kit technique adds massive energy and oomph to star pianist Corea's latest band.
It's his best group for eons, with the UK's Tim Garland on sax, Hadrien Feraud on bass and guitarist Charles Altura, with Ravi Coltrane guesting on "Pledge for Peace". The cover concept, spacey theme and song titles are straight out of the Big L. Ron cupboard but most of the music works.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >