Album: Chris Robinson BrotherhoodBig Moon Ritual (Silver Arrow/ Megaforce)
Former Black Crowes singer Chris Robinson's heart has always been spiritually in the early Seventies, and with his new Brotherhood, he's finally found the ideal vehicle to indulge his taste for "Cosmic California Music".
With guitarist Neal Casal at his most Garcia-esque and twinkly, "Tulsa Yesterday" has the relaxed, extempore vibe of the Grateful Dead, while on "Rosalee", Adam MacDougall's clavinet brings a laidback funk, over which Casal's guitar lines spiral with finest Allman Brothers fluidity.
Download: Tulsa Yesterday; Rosalee; Tomorrow Blues
game of thrones reviewWarning: spoilers
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 If I were Prime Minister: I'd give tax cuts to the rich, keep Trident, and get my football team wrong
- 2 Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy
- 3 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 4 University student in court for allegedly covering housemates' food in window cleaner and spit
- 5 Ryan Gosling posts tribute to 'Ryan Gosling Won't Eat His Cereal' creator Ryan McHenry
Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to join show
Eurovision 2015: What date is the song contest and who are the favourites to win?
Game of Thrones, season 5 episode 4, review: Sansa in danger of becoming another footnote in Westeros' bloody history
Jar Jar Binks is going to die unceremoniously in Star Wars: The Force Awakens
JK Rowling is 'really sorry' for killing off one of your favourite Harry Potter characters
In defence of liberal democracy
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally