Album: Christina Aguilera, Lotus, RCA
Sunday 11 November 2012
It's a strange time to be Christina Aguilera.
Her too-long-coming electroclash album tanked because Lady Gaga was all over that stuff. Furthermore, she reckons she's now considered "too fat" by the industry. Lotus, however, is the sound of Xtina coming out fighting. Its best moments are its electro-pop numbers. Token lung-bursting ballads notwithstanding, we won't be seeing Xtina at the Superbowl again. But that's fine. The dancefloor is her home now.
Will explain back story to fictional kingdom Westeros
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 2 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 3 Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson criticised for beer tweet
- 4 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 5 The bubble bursts for Sodastream
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything